Monday, February 3, 2014

Yoymart Review

I had seen a couple of adds for Warhammer miniatures from Yoymart.com and I thought I would check them out.  I will say that I used to play Warhammer 40k years ago, but gave it up.  I really like the miniatures, but I had a hard time keeping up with the army of the month.  I was also sick of trying to play and having guys constantly telling me what I should do or should be doing.  Then the 3rd thing is the price.  I remember when I started playing it was $30 Can. for a box of 10 space marines.  I stopped when they hit $40. Now I see that on GW's website they are $55 for a tactical squad.  Its insane.  I have since sold of a bunch of my stuff for more than I paid originally.  Like I said I really liked the miniatures.  Then I checked out yoymart and decided to place an order.  
I got 2 tactical squads of marines, and a terminator squad.  They are exactly the same with a few exceptions. Let me preface this by saying there aren't flaws in the casting or anything like that I have noticed.  I saw a lot of posts of people knocking the quality of the detail before I ordered.  I have not had a bad experience with poor casts in the product I received. 

 First off they are cast out of a resin.  Seems like there is 2 different formulas they use.  This is based off the colors you can see in the pictures. The terminator pieces look quite a bit lighter than the tactical marines molds.  This also means they are brittle. I could easily snap pieces of loose sprue that came in the bags they were shipped in.

Secondly lots of flash.  The mold lines are prominent as you can see with these terminator legs and there is quite a lot of excess on the missile launcher top as well.  
Here is a closer look at the tactical squads sprue.  You can see a lot of flash on the back pack and power sword on the left.  

Anyways everything was shipped with what appeared to be all the pieces.  I dont mind clearing a lot of flash, and the price is right.  Each tactical squad was only $21 USD, and the terminators were only like $19.  I am happy with my purchase, and probably would order from them in the future.  

Also I was not asked or compensated in any way by Yoymart.com to provide this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment